homesearch
Historical Photo Collection Centennial History Book Farnam Cemetery Farnam Echo Farnam Area Homestead Records Links
Leave Comment 

 

Farnam's New Hospital Ready for Service

Although the night was cold and rather disagreeable, a large crowd gathered at the hall to pay proper tribute in the dedication of this new “human protector.” People were present from Orafino, Stockville, Moorefield and Maywood. Extra seats were placed to accomodate the audience and yet some were forced to stand.

The following program was given:

       Selection.......Cong’l Church Orchestra
       Duet...............Messersmith Brothers
       Piano Solo..........Mrs. O. R. Thrasher
       Reading................Miss Norma Tyler
       Paper.....................Dr. Berkoffer
       Piano Duet...Mesdames Fitch and Cameron
       Address................Rev. J. E. Craig
       Duet.....Miss Payne and Mr. Messersmith
       Piano Solo..............Miss Stephenson
       “A Tribute to Mother”..Dr. A. E. Reeves
       Benediction..............Rev. Geo Seick
    

Each number was well delivered and all were good, especially the piano solo by Mrs. R. O. Thrasher, and the reading by Miss Tyler, of Smithfield. Dr. Reeves paid a splendid “Tribute to His Mother,” in which he gave her full credit for the place he now holds in life, as it was she who first started him out in the medical world. It was in her memory that he erected, for the benefit of the public the hospital which they were dedicating.

The new hospital is a most beautiful building, being nicely finished and neatly and beautifully furnished. Dr. has rooms furnished with the best of hospital equipment for the purpose of examinations and operations. Taken in all it is an ideal little building. The construction work was done by local men and deserve much praise.

The Farnam Echo , Thursday, 17 December 1925

 



Published: 12/12/2017 - http://www.historicfarnam.us
Hosted and Published by Weldon Hoppe