homesearch
Historical Photo Collection Centennial History Book Farnam Cemetery Farnam Echo Farnam Area Homestead Records Links
Leave Comment 

 

Mrs. Gewecke Injured When Stove Explodes

Mrs. A. H. Gewecke is suffering from a very serious accident which occurred Tuesday morning while she was preparing to wash.

Just a few minutes before, Mr. Gewecke had disconnected the water pipes from the laundry stove and connected them up to the range, forgetting to drain the water from the tank attached to the laundry stove. Thus when Mrs. Gewecke started the fire in the stove the water got so hot the steam bursted the tank and blew the stove into about fifty pieces. Mrs. Gewecke was standing about three feet from the stove and one piece struck her across the calf of her leg cutting a wound clean to the bone which required twenty stitches to close it. At last reports she is improving as rapidly as can be expected. Dr. Reeves is attending the sufferer.

The Farnam Echo , Thursday, 21 May 1925

 



Published: 6/23/2017 - http://www.historicfarnam.us
Hosted and Published by Weldon Hoppe