homesearch
Historical Photo Collection Centennial History Book Farnam Cemetery Farnam Echo Farnam Area Homestead Records Links
Leave Comment 

 

Dies From Burns


On Tuesday morning Mrs. Irvin Johnson was using oil to hurry her kitchen fire and it exploded, throwing oil on her and setting her clothing afire. Her husband got her out of the house and extinguished the flames before she appeared to be dangerously burned. She was taken to a Lexington hospital but died a short time later, apparently from inhaled fumes.

Mr. Johnson received burns on both hands in his efforts to combat the fire in her clothing.

The family resided on a farm a few miles northeast of Orafino. The house was only slightly damaged by smoke and by a little fire in the kitchen.

The Farnam Press 11(22):1, Thursday, 1 March 1951

 



Published: 7/18/2019 - http://www.historicfarnam.us
Hosted and Published by Weldon Hoppe