Fire Completely Destroys Home of Herman Ihfe
Early Tuesday morning the Herman Ihfe home, four miles southeast of town was completely destroyed by fire. It was discovered about 1:30 by Mrs. Ihfe, when she was aroused from her sleep and discovered a light in the clothes closet. When she opened the door the flames and smoke quickly filled the house.
Their son, Claud, took the car and went for help. He called two of the neighbors then came to town and put in the fire alarm. Several carload of men from town, drove immediately to the farm, but the fire had made such headway by that time, nothing in the house could be saved.
The volunteers kept the fire from spreading to other buildings, and in a couple of hours the large two-story house was a pile of smouldering embers and ashes.
We understand that no insurance was carried on the household goods and the loss is a heavy one for the family.
The farm is owned by the Fremont Joint Stock Land Bank of Fremont.
No estimate of the damage has been made as yet.
The Farnam Echo 34(30):1, Thursday, 31 March 1938